Contrary to popular opinion, email is not only still relevant—it’s growing. For email to stay relevant for the next fifty years, email providers need to step up and close a yawning innovation gap. Today’s demanding consumer expects more from their email providers: enterprise-strength privacy and security, cutting-edge functionality, all delivered via elegant, seamlessly integrated tools, anywhere, anytime.
This whitepaper outlines:
- Changing consumer behaviors, attitudes, and habits around email
- Key challenges facing email providers
- The benefits of leveraging the open source community to accelerate innovation
- The collaborative approach of open source development is reinvigorating email offerings and injecting new life into email and communications tools
- Open source email software provides better privacy, enhanced security, transparency, extensibility at significantly lower total cost of ownership relative to proprietary options